Location and Course Info
IN-PERSON EVENT: To eliminate large in-door gatherings, we will not have a heated tent at this years event. All activities, including awards presentation, (weather permitting) will take place outdoors. The Race/Run/Walk, bib and goodie bag pick up and the outdoor awards presentation (weather permitting) will be held at the Phillips School Forest, N9199 N. Worcester Rd, Phillips, WI. The courses for the Phillips Flurry Snowshoe race/run/walk consist of groomed ski trails and packed single track on the rolling terrain through the beautiful school forest and feature a few large hills. In the event we can not hold an actual awards presentation, your awards will be available for pick-up as soon as the timer has the race data tabulated.
- Meal: A box lunch will be available for pick up immediately following the completion of your race/run/walk.
- Door Prizes: We will hold the door prize drawing During a Facebook Live event on 1/19/22 at 5:30pm Central Time. Door prizes will be available when you pick up your bib and goodie bag on race day.
- Changing Rooms: We will have a men’s and women’s semi-heated changing area available.
- Bathrooms: Several Portable Toilets will be available.
- Water: Snowshoer’s should carry their own water. We will have self serve water stations on the course.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Be considerate of others
- Maintain appropriate Social Distancing
- HAVE FUN!
VIRTUAL EVENT: You can complete your virtual Phillips Flurry between January 1, 2022 and January 22, 2022. Registered participants can snowshoe a 5k or 10k on a course of their choosing! Be creative – we’d love to see where you decide to race. A special award will be given to the Phillips Flurry finisher who completes their virtual race the furthest away from Phillips, WI. Recruit your friends from across the country and the globe! Should you decide to utilize the Phillips School Forest trails to complete your virtual Phillips Flurry, we will have a 5k virtual course well marked on the single-track trails for you to follow. Please do not snowshoe the original Phillips Flurry course, as it is School Forest policy that no snowshoes, hiking or fat biking is allowed on groomed ski trails except on race day.
- Door Prizes: We will hold the door prize drawing during a Facebook Live enent on 1/19/21 at 5:30pm Central Time. Door prizes will be mailed to virtual participants.
- Special Prize: The Phillips Flurry finisher who completes their virtual race the furthest away from Phillips, WI. will be announced on Facebook after race day. Prize will be mailed.
The School forest is open for use all year. In the summer you can hike, run, or bike on any of the trails. In the winter separate trails are maintained for snowshoeing/fat biking and groomed for skiing.
To get to the Phillips School Forest trails from Hwy 13, go East on County Hwy H for 3 ½ miles; turn South (right) on Big Elk Road for ½ mile; when the road splits, stay right on Worcester Road to entrance drive.
Phillips School Forest
N9199 N. Worcester Rd.
Phillips, WI 54555